1400 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit
Everything needed to create a professional ecosystem pond. Available in 11 different sizes.
Everything needed to create a professional ecosystem pond 1400 Gal in size
Sized to create almost any shaped pond that's 1400 Gal! See example sizes below.
Uses high quality, professional equipment, hand picked by a pond expert
Waterfall width 16" with multiple height options (select option above)
Free Shipping within the Continental USA!
Possible Pond Sizes
This kit contains enough liner to cover most 1400 gallon ponds at depths between 24" to 48". To see a list of all possible sizes, open our Volume to Dimensions wizard, type in '1400' and click calculate! Here are a few example sizes:
- 9' 8" x 9' 8" x 24" Deep
- 14' x 6' 8" x 24" Deep
- 7' 11" x 7' 11" x 36" Deep
- 6' 10" x 6' 10" x 48" Deep
- many other sizes! Visit our Volume to Dimension wizard to see other possible sizes.
We recommend a minimum depth of 24" for a healthy ecosystem pond. If keeping fish, we recommend at least part of the pond be 36" or deeper so your fish can evade predators. Your fish will thank you for it!
We know it can be confusing trying to sort through all the various types of pond equipment available. Our EP Professional Ecosystem Pond Kits were designed to make choosing and purchasing pond equipment as painless as possible. Each piece of equipment in the kit has been hand picked by a pond expert specifically for the size of pond you want to build. While many other kits out there try to lock you into a certain size, depth and waterfall height, we try to make our kits flexible to allow you some artistic freedom when designing your pond. Want a little larger waterfall? No problem, just choose the waterfall height option above which automatically resizes the pump and liner accordingly. Want to make your pond a little deeper for keeping fish? No problem, just use our Volume to Dimensions Wizard to see what dimension of pond you can build for a given depth. Looking to make your pond just a little bigger or smaller than the particular size on this page? That's easy as well; just choose a slightly larger or smaller kit from the many options we offer.
The Everything Ponds Ecosystem Pond Kits include just about everything you need to create a high quality ecosystem pond. Standard equipment includes an energy efficient pump, premium grade liners, a biological waterfall filter, a professional skimmer, a UV clarifier for controlling green water, all necessary PVC pipes and fittings, underwater lights, and three different water treatments for getting your pond up and running quickly. All chosen equipment is guaranteed to be sized properly to work for the size of pond listed.
1400 Gallon Kit Contents - designed to pump 1600 gph+ with a 16" wide waterfall
- 22' x 17' Premium Grade RPE Pond Liner
- Geotextile Underlayment
- Atlantic PS3900 Skimmer
- 16" Wide Biological Waterfall Filter - Atlantic BF1600
- Savio Springflow Filter Media
- AquaUV Classic 15W UV Clarifier
- Artificial Rock Lid for covering skimmer (4 colors - choose color above)
- Aquascape 3 light kit (LED)
- 25' of 2” Flexible PVC Hose
- Triton Check valve
- Reducing Bushings 2” spt x 1.5” slip
- 1.5" MPT to 1.5" Sched 40 PVC Slip Converter
- CrystalClear Biological Clarifier - Beneficial Bacteria Additive - 2lbs
- CrystalClear Vanish - Dechlorinator Liquid - 16 oz
- Waterfall Foam Black - pack of 3
Waterfall Option A: 2' - 3' high waterfall
Waterfall Option B: 3' - 5' high waterfall
Waterfall Option C: 6' - 9' high waterfall
What is an Ecosystem Pond?
The basic goal behind an ecosystem pond is to take an otherwise closed body of water and turn it into it’s own thriving mini ‘ecosystem’. In nature, streams and rivers and the resulting pools of water along the way are constantly renewed with fresh, clean water allowing them to support life, while flushing toxins away down the stream. Unless you are lucky enough to be blessed with a natural stream or source of water on your property, you won’t have the luxury of a naturally renewing stream. You will have to find another way to keep your pond water clean and free of toxins. This is actually easier than you might think, and is accomplished through proper planning and the selection of appropriate filtration equipment.
Ecosystem ponds rely on a number of different factors to maintain a healthy ecological balance. Things like:
• proper mechanical filtration to remove debris from the pond before it can decay (Pond Skimmer).
• proper biological filtration to convert harmful ammonia into nitrates, which is a souce of food for plants)
• effective use of plants to naturally filter the water of nutrients that would otherwise be used to promote algae
• waterfalls and streams to help aerate the water
• natural water additives to promote healthy water conditions
• rocks and gravel in the pond to promote natural biological filtration
Looking for this same kit in a different size? Here is a list of the other sizes we carry:
- 750 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit
- 1000 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit
- 1400 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit
- 1800 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit
- 2400 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit - With Submersible Pump
- 2400 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit - With External Pump (Uses less electricity than Subermsible)
- 3000 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit - With Submersible Pump
- 3000 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit - With External Pump (Uses less electricity than Subermsible)
- 4000 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit - With Submersible Pump
- 4000 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit - With External Pump (Uses less electricity than Subermsible)
- 6000 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit - With Submersible Pump
- 6000 Gallon EP Ecosystem Pond Kit - With External Pump (Uses less electricity than Subermsible)